Tours be, or not Tours be
So, we got to Tours, after another 4hr drive. We went via Decathlon, for me (Lee reckons I've got radar for Decathlon as I find one wherever I go), and a car garage to pick up some grip mats for the van, in case we get a muddy pitch somewhere down the line. I'm still traumatised by last year's antics in Chartres, when we got stuck on the pitch, so hopefully the mats are more of a precaution.

We arrived at our campsite, Le Mignardières, on the outskirts of Tours, at about 4:45pm. They said they've had a lot of rain in the last couple of weeks, so some pitches were soggy, but they let us have a wander about and choose our pitch before we paid.
We're on a nice corner pitch near the swimming pool, so after we pitched up we went for a swim.
There's a nice little lake nit far from the site, and a restaurant across the road, so we'll probably take a walk around the area tomorrow evening.
Tomorrow we're planning a local ride along the Loire cycle route, but for now we're sat outside the van with a bottle of wine. Iechyd da!
Comments
Post a Comment