Lee's favourite campsite
It's been a busy day, my friends.
I went for a run around the lake near the campsite first thing, and was the only one in the park for most of it. It was beautiful, with the mist rising off the lake and the boats from the sailing club moored on the water.
The bridge at the bottom end of the lake
We got off our pitch with no problems, despite all the rain we've had (apart from the first day, it's rained every day).
Our first port of call after leaving the campsite was a caravan shop, to see if we could get our toilet cassette fixed - the flap which opens and closes the cassette wouldn't close.
The lady in the shop spoke very little English, so my crap French was called upon again, with some help from Google translate (because I don't have to say "my flap is broken" very often) and we managed to explain the problem. She was lovely and so helpful.
We ended up getting a whole new cassette, and some lubricant, which you're supposed to spray on it regularly to avoid this very problem (we didn't know this was a thing). 257.00€ lighter, we headed towards Angers.
We arrived at the campsite, Port du Caroline, and they let us choose our pitch. They've also had problems with people getting stuck, after the rain, but the pitches here look drier than the last campsite. Apparently, a lot of campsites in the Loire valley aren't open yet, due to the river level being so high, so we've been quite lucky. Also, the owner said she recognised us from last year! Not sure if that's good, or bad?
This was Lee's favourite campsite last year, so this year's route had to include it again! He's already been to the pool (while I was doing the laundry).
On the way here I picked up a little variety pack of French cheeses, as I'm never sure which ones to try. They're what Lee calls "stinky French cheese", but he did try them all. He's sticking to cheddar for now, though. I enjoyed them all...
It's rained on and off, again, since we arrived, and there's some thunder around, but hopefully we'll have some dry weather to get out on the bikes tomorrow.
Comments
Post a Comment