Finally, some sunshine

I wasn't in the best frame of mind when I wrote last night's blog, so I should have said that when it's not a Sunday, or a Bank Holiday, Mamers is probably a nice little town. It's got a lovely church and a nice square with all the shops around it. The surrounding countryside could be anywhere in West Wales.

We were packed up early and we've headed north, to Picardy, which is the region around Calais and Dieppe. We're at a campsite near Mers-les-Bains and Trèport. It's a Flower camping site - we use Flower a lot as you know what you get with them. It's got an indoor pool and nice pitches. It's right up on the cliff, so a loooong walk back up from the town. 

The sun has been out all day, which makes a nice change - it didn't set until past 8pm. So we made the most of and sat out until it got a bit chilly. 

The view from the van
We had the pool to ourselves for a bit

As it's a bank holiday in France today, we didn't bother walking down to the town as nothing's open. We'll see it tomorrow as part of our bike ride. 

Not many photos today as we've been mostly driving. I'll try to do better tomorrow. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Oh I do like to be beside the seaside

Ferry across the L' Authion

Tours be, or not Tours be